27-09-2015 - Star of the Sea Annual Cross Country, Stamullen Co Meath
13-09-2015 - Crookstown Open Cross Country 2pm at Crookstown
10-06-2015 - 4th round of league in Celbridge at 7pm
06-06-15 - Leinster U9, U10 & U11 Pairs Competition& U12-U13 Junior T & F Championship Tullamore HarriersStart-time: 9:00am
01-06-15 - Leinster Team Event U9 - U15 Tullamore Harriers, Start-time: 10:00am
23-05-15 - Leinster Inter-Club Relays (U9 – U16) & Junior Championships Greystones Saturday 23rd May Start-time: 10:00am
09-05-15 - 3rd round of league in Celbridge at 2pm
• 14-02-15 – Day 1 Leinster Indoor Championships - Juvenile Relays
& some Juvenile T&F Events.
• 15-02-15 – Day 2 Leinster Indoor Championships - Junior, Senior
• 07-03-15 – Day 3 Leinster Indoor Championships - Juveniles.
• 08-03-15 – Day 4 Leinster Indoor Championships - Juveniles.
Crookstown Millview Athletics Club
Hi All, We had a very successful registration day last
Saturday. We are not yet full and there are some places still remaining. As
previously stated we are no longer offering a pay as you go system. In order to
guarantee a place and avoid disappointment please try to register ASAP. To
facilitate this Jeff will be at the club Monday Jan 18th from 6:45 and Fiona
will be with the little athletes as normal. Thanks
- Training tomorrow night, January 14, at the track from 7:00 till 8:00
with Nick (High Jump), and Rachel (middle to long distance). Hope to
see you all there.
- If you have a free hour on Saturday between 12 and 4 pm we would be
grateful if you could give us a hand with registration at the track.
Please let Jeff know on Wednesday or by email, email@example.com,
if you are available to help. Thanks very much.
registration day for all athletes is this Saturday, January 16th, from
12 to 4 pm. Please note, for health and safety reasons and to ensure the
continued high standard of coaching for all athletes we will be
enforcing a cut-off for membership numbers. Therefore you will need to
register and pay full membership fee this Saturday to guarantee a place.
Please also note that we will no longer have a trial membership/pay as
you go set up. Any surplus athletes will be put on a waiting list.
Little athletes please be aware that these places fill up quickly.
Looking forward to seeing you this Saturday. If you have any queries
regarding this please email club at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a
message on Facebook.
- Hi All, Another opportunity for FREE stuff. In the cabin there is a box
of used spikes so if you need a pair please take. But in order to keep
the recycling going we also need you to leave any used spikes that you
no longer need in the same box through out the year. Hope you can find a
pair that fits.
All, In the cabin there are FREE beakers, yes that's right FREE, so
please feel FREE to take one at the next training session.There is one
for everyone in the audience.... Thanks
luck to all our athletes taking part in the Kildare Indoor
Championships tomorrow in AIT, from all in Crookstown Millview AC. Make
sure to try your best, learn as much as you can from the experience and
above all enjoy yourself.
- Hi All, Rachel will be training the middle to long distance group this evening at 7:00. Hope to see you there.
- Hi All, There will be High Jump training tonight January 08 at 7:00pm at
the track with Elaine. Anyone interested please attend. Hope to see
- Club Registration for 2016 will take place on Saturday the 16th of January. Details to follow soon.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective immediatly dogs (with the exception of guide
dogs) will no longer be permitted at the track. This was agreed at the
AGM following on from a number of complaints/concerns from parents and
athletes. You are welcome to walk your dogs out on the roads while your
children are training but they can no longer be walked around the
perimeter of the track. We look forward to your cooperation on this
- Wishing everybody a very HAPPY NEW YEAR filled with peace, health and happiness. All the best for 2016.
- IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Training cancelled this morning, 31/12/15 due to rain
and thunderstorms forecast. Hopefully we can get to train in 2016!
Best of luck to Hannah Breen who is competing in the Uneven All Ireland Cross Country Championships in Waterford this Sunday smile emoticon
Hi All, Cross country training will be finishing this Friday the 4th of December (training is on, weather permitting from 7-8 at track on Friday!). Enjoy the well deserved break, especially all of you who have been working hard since July smile emoticon. Training will resume around the 27th/28th Dec so keep an eye on Facebook/web for details and updates over the hols. Have a great break guys!
Hi All, There will be no cross country training this evening, Friday Nov 27th. Enjoy the weekend.
Quick reminder guys. Would be great to see some extra 'bums on seats' at our AGM. One representative from each family would be fantastic. Come on out and support your club. We promise we'll make it as short and sweet as possible with no obligation to take on any roles! See you there
Big Congrats to Hannah Breen for a brilliant race at the All-Ireland Cross Country finals in Santry today. Just pipped at the finish Hannah took home 3rd place bronze medal. Super job Hannah the whole club is proud of you!!!
Best of luck to Hannah Breen who is representing county and club in the U12 All-Ireland Cross Country Championships in Santry tomorrow. We're all routing for you Hannah!!!
Hi Guys, Our AGM is this Tuesday, 24th, at 8:00 pm in St Laurence's GAA Sports Complex. Your running club has experienced some wonderful positive changes over the past two years, one of these is a huge increase in numbers. We would love to see this reflected at our AGM on Tuesday where you will have an opportunity to support coaches and commitee who are working exceptionaly hard for your children and to have a say in how the club is run. So please join us Tuesday at 8:00 and enjoy a cup of tea and goodies afterwards. Look forward to seeing you all there.
Hi All, There is a small cross country presentation this Monday, 23rd just before training ends at the track (approx 7:50). We'd love if all athletes (and parents) who participated in both cross country training and racing could be there. After all you guys did all the hard work!!
Hi All, there will be cross country training tomorrow Saturday Nov 14 at 1:00 in Mulaghreelan Woods. All welcome
.Training for Monday November 9th has been cancelled due to the weather and flooding at the track. Training for little athletes (members only) is still scheduled for their indoor session at the same time.
Hi All, Cross country training tonight, Friday October 30, at the track at 7:00. All welcome. See you there
Hi All, Cross country training tomorrow night, Friday 16th October, at 7:00 pm at the track. All welcome. Anyone interested in running in the Leinster Cross Country Championships needs to let Rachel know ASAP so we can make sure the entries are in on time. Thanks
Hi All, The Kildare County Uneven Age Masters/Novice Cross Country event is this coming Sunday October 11th in Suncroft starting at 11:00 am. All athletes please be at the course for 10:00 for walkover and warm-up. Thanks
There will be no training tomorrow night Friday 9th of September.
Hi All, The Kildare County Uneven Age Masters/Novice Cross Country event is this coming Sunday October 11th in Suncroft. Any athlete interested in running the races will need to be registered prior to the day. Jeff will be taking names before and after training tomorrow evening.
All athletes running in the even age Kildare Cross Country event on Sunday October 4th need to be at the field in Suncroft by 11:00 at the latest for warm-up and race prep. Thanks
Hey All, Cross country training tomorrow tonight, Friday October 2nd, at the track at 7:00. All welcome.
Kildare County Cross Counrty Championships Order of Events for the even and uneven age groups to be held on the 4th and 11th of October.
Hi All, The Kildare County Even Age Masters/Novice Cross Country event is this coming Sunday October 4th in Suncroft. Any athlete interested in running the races will need to be registered prior to the day. Jeff will be taking names before and after training tomorrow evening.
Hey All, Cross country training tonight, Friday September 25th, at the track at 7:00. All welcome.
Hi All, We will be making our annual trek to Star of the Sea Cross Country event this Sunday the 27th. If you are interested in travelling to the event please let Rachel know this week at training. The event starts at 11:00 am so athletes will need to be there by 10:30 at the latest. Directions are on the webpage but if you would like to travel in convoy please let Rachel know. Thanks.
Hi all, cross country training is at the Curragh tomorrow, Sunday 20th September, at 11:00 for u11's and up. We will be meeting across from Saint Anne's School, approx 500m from the motorway roundabout. If you have any questions please contact Rachel. See you there
Hey All, Cross country training tonight, September 18th, in Mulaghreelan Woods at 6:30. All welcome.
A huge thank you to everyone who contributed to and helped out today. As ever it was very much appreciated and this was reflected in the positive feedback we received today. A special thanks to Mick Barber, Barry Deay, Jimmy Cardiff and Paddy Ward. : )
The first ever Crookstown Millview AC Open Cross Country event was a fantastic day out for athletes, spectators and organisers! We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated today and particularly those who traveled in numbers from outside the county.Looking forward to seeing you all again next year.
All athletes competing this Sunday the 13th please meet at the track in the cross country field at 11:00, next to the Crookstown Millview Flag, to warm up. See you there.
Hi All, Training is cancelled tonight, Sept. 14th, due to the weather. Hope to see everyone this Sunday for our fantastic Open Cross Country day at the track.
Hi All, Cross country training tomorrow night, September 11th, at the track from 7:00 till 8:00, weather permitting. We will update post if training is cancelled, so keep posted.
Hi All. Firstly, we would like to thank everyone who has contributed to and helped out at events hosted at our club this year. Our Open Cross Country, this Sunday the 13th, is the last event being run at the club until next April. (yeah!!) We are therefore asking for one last big effort on Sunday. We would be delighted if you could help us with the following, 1. Donations of cookies, buns etc for the shop and 2. Assisting with the running of events themselves. Contributions for the shop can be dropped in on the day and if you are available to help please let us know via Facebook, email or at the track on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing you all there for what we hope is the first of many open cross country events to come.
We are delighted to announce the first Crookstown Millview Open Cross Country event on Sunday, September 13th at 12 pm. Races will take place in the field at the back of the track behind the hills.
Hi all, cross country training is at the track tomorrow, Sunday 06th September, at 12:00 for u11's and up. Hope to see you there
Hey All, Cross country training tomorrow night, September 4th, in Mulaghreelan Woods at 6:30. All welcome.
Important Notice: While we welcome and encourage all parents/guardians to walk/run around the outside of the track please note that club athletes have the right of way. With this in mind if you are using the outside course please stick to the outer right side of the path. This path has been recently widened to accommodate everybody. Thanks for your continued support.
Hi all, Training will resume on Monday the 7th September at 7:00 pm at the track for all athletes. Little athletes will train with Neil and Fiona in the centre of the track. Under 13 and up interested in the following disciplines, sprinting, hurdles long jump high jump, will train with Nick and Ellaine at the tartan track. Cross country training will continue with Rachel and Deirdre as normal. Due to the large number of athletes please try and be at the track 10 minutes early in order to sign in and be ready to start training at 7:00. Thanks
Hi all, cross country training is at the Curragh tomorrow, Sunday 30th August, at 11:00 for u11's and up. We will be meeting across from Saint Anne's School, approx 500m from the motorway roundabout. If you have any questions please contact Rachel. See you there
We are delighted to announce the first Crookstown Millview Open Cross Country event on Sunday, September 13th at 12 pm. Races will take place in the field at the back of the track behind the hills.
We would like to congratulate the following athletes who were presented special awards today in recognition of their outstanding achievements this year. Lisa Aspel - Overall Athlete of the Year, Hannah Breen - Female Athlete of the Year and Brendan Aspel - Male Athlete of the Year. Well done guys, your hard work has really paid off .
Another great Presentation Day at Crookstown and a well deserved thank you to all those who helped to set it up. Also, thanks to everyone who brought all the delicious food. We hope you all enjoyed the day and big congrats to all our athletes who received their well deserved awards. See you back at training tomorrow night!
Hey All, we're delighted to announce that Graham Deane is our new Throws Coach. Due to work commitments he may have some training sessions outside normal training times. Dates and times of his training will be posted regularly on Facebook and the web. Upcoming sessions are as follows, Wednesday August 19th at 12:00, Saturday August 22nd at 12:00 and Monday August 24th at 7:00
Hi all, cross country training for U11 and up in Mulaghreelan Woods tomorrow(Friday 14th) at 6:30pm. All welcome.
Don't forget to bring along a dish this Sunday so everyone can enjoy a bite to eat. Thanks to everyone who has already let us know what they are bringing.
Hi guys, only a few days left till the Presentation Day. Bouncy castles, face painting, soccer goal and yummy food all ready to go! Don't forget that this years league medals and lots of other awards will be presented on the day. Looking forward to seeing all of our athletes(old and new) and family members this Sunday.
Hi all, cross country training is at the Curragh tomorrow, Sunday 9th August, at 11:00 for u11's and up. We will be meeting across from Saint Anne's School, approx 500m from the motorway roundabout. If you have any questions please contact Rachel. See you there
Hi everyone the presentation day, August 16th, is
fast approaching and we are going to try something a little different in terms
of food. This year we are asking members
of the club to please contribute a dish, sweet or savoury, on the day. At the moment the contributions for the day on
the savoury side are a lasagne, veggie pizza, wraps and sandwiches. On the sweet side we have a plate of cookies
and brownies. We are asking anyone
attending if they could bring something for the day showing off their
cooking/baking skills to the rest of the club. Nothing fancy, all contributions
are welcome. We are trying to get a
balance between sweet and savoury so if you are willing to contribute please
let me know (ASAP) by club email (email@example.com)
or Facebook post and we will add it to the list. Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone
on the day. Jeff Hott
- Great to see such large numbers at cross country training last night. Looks like we have a great season ahead. Due to the large number attending can athletes please try to sign in by 6:50 to ensure warm-ups can start by 7. Looking forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow (Wednesday) night. (Anyone who couldn't make Monday is still welcome to participate)
- Congrats to Johnny Moore for a brilliant All-Ireland performance getting a silver medal in the M70 200m and bronze medal in the M70 100m. Great work Johnny an inspiration to all our athletes.
- U8's to JUNIORS. Cross Country information night and training is this Monday 27th July at 7 pm at the track. Anyone interested in competing in the upcoming cross country season (or just maintaining fitness for the winter) is encouraged to start training with us as soon as possible. Distances for young athletes start as low as 500m so it's not too scary! Hope to see you all on Monday :)
- Best of luck to our senior athlete Johnny Moore who will be representing Crookstown in the All-Irelands Track and Field tomorrow. Having picked up a couple of medals in the Leinsters things are looking good this year for Tommy
- We are delighted to announce the first Crookstown Millview Open Cross Country event on Sunday, September 13th at 12 pm. Races will take place in the field at the back of the track behind the hills. Cross country training and information night begins Monday 27th July at 7 pm. We would like to encourage as many athletes as possible to participate in cross country as it is a great way to maintain fitness over the winter. Don't forget to let everyone know about this great event.
- Our Annual Presentation and Fun Day is on the 16th of August at 2 pm at the track. It's a little earlier this year due to clashes with other events. There will be no walk or sponsor cards just the presentation and awards for athletes and fun, games and food for the whole family. Make sure and mark the day in your calendar and we're really looking forward to seeing you all there!
- Cross Country Training: Training is now finished for middle and long distance runners. There will be an information session and initial cross country training session on Monday 27th of July. All club athletes (age 7 and up) are encouraged to participate in cross country as it is a great way to maintain fitness over the winter months. Distances start as low as 500m for younger athletes. Lots more info to come and look forward to seeing you on the 27th at 7:00 PM at the track.
- Monday the 6th of July is the last night of training for everybody! Training will restart on Monday 7th of September (see next post for details of cross country training). Coaches and committee members hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing summer break after all the hard work at training. Also please keep an eye on FB for details of our Annual Presentation Evening.
- There will be no training tonight, 10/06/205, due to the Kildare League. Training will resume Monday, 15/06/15, as normal.
- Day 4 of the League at Celbridge on June 10th starting at 7 PM. We need all our athletes there on the day and to give a big performance. So coaches and parents lets give our athletes all the encouragement they need. And the biggest reminder for our athletes is to go out and have fun!!!
Ballon-Rathoe A.C. Open Sports 2015
26th Open Sports at James Morris Park, Ballon, Co. Carlow
on Bank Holiday Monday June 1st at 1.00pm sharp, under A.A.I. rules.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PARENTS OF COMPETING ATHLETES. Both Kildare and Leinster event organizers require each club to provide the names of three people who will officiate at various events throughout the track season. In order to ensure that it is not the same parents helping out at every event can you please volunteer your time on one of the days your child is competing this summer (You will receive a text requesting same closer to each event). No experience required and if you volunteer your time once hopefully we won't have to call on you again. Thanks for your time and support
Good luck to everybody competing in Day 1 of the Kildare County Championships this Sunday. If you haven't yet registered for the track events you can still show up on the day and compete.(Please note you must have already preregistered for field events to compete this Sunday)
(Long & High)
April 25th at Celbridge AC
to 13:00 Long Jump session lead by Eamon Fahey
to 15:30 High Jump session lead by Rosie Daniels
Sprints and Hurdles
27th. May at Le Cheile
Sprints and Hurdles session lead by Claire Brady
For those interested in the above workshops please contact Jeff Hott of Catherine Crowe
Don't let the weather stop you from coming to our Open Sports Day. The weather forecast says it's going to clear soon. There will be plenty of tea, coffee and hot chocolate to keep you warm.
Our shop will be up and running for the Open Sports Day on Sunday. There will be tea, coffee, hot chocolate, drinks, sandwiches and goodies available. You can leave all donations of cookies, buns etc into the cabin from 10:30 on-wards. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Just a reminder that the cost of registration for the Open Sports Day is only €3.00 per athlete for all eligible events. Also, a €3.00 fee will be collected at the gate for each vehicle. Hope to see everyone there this Sunday.
Find below an order of events for the Open Sports Day on Sunday the 12th of April.
Training on Monday at 12:00 at the track, All welcome. Also, we will be painting the cabins from around 11:30 on-wards on Monday. If anyone is available to help, even if you can spare a half hour, that would be great! We'll supply paint and brushes.
Our 28th Annual Open Sports Day is coming up on April 12th. Please see the below for a list of events. Order of events will follow soon. Look forward to seeing you all there!
A selection of the Club merchandise will be on sale at the Family Fun Night. We are selling off last years gear at discount prices before we change to a new supplier. Once it's gone, it's gone so don't miss out on these great deals!!
Presentation of 2014 league medals/winners will begin at 8pm sharp this Saturday 21st followed by Table Quiz, refreshments & raffle. Club hoodies, singlets etc on sale on night at discount prices. Looking forward to seeing you there for a great family night out!! (Please bring small spot prize for our raffle on night if possible. Tnx).
Good luck to all of our athletes competing in the league tomorrow. Have a great day and lots of fun trying out all the different events
First round of the Kildare League coming up on the 15th of March. Look forward to seeing you all there.
Our first committee meeting of the year was held Wednesday night, Feb 25th, at the club. We are delighted to announce that we will be starting to focus on fundraising initiatives in 2015 and over the next few years in order to continue to upgrade and improve our facilities at the club. We will keep you informed of any plans as they develop. With this in mind we look forward to your support and hope that you will help us in our endeavors to make Crookstown Millview AC an even better athletics club. Please let us know of any innovative and fun fundraising ideas you may have. Thanks, Jeff Hott Chairperson
- We are pleased to announce that a new chairperson has been elected. Congratulations to Jeff Hott who has taken on the chairperson role.
- Do you need Spikes?? Check out our box of recycled Spikes on the table in the club house and if you find a pair that fits they're yours! In order to keep recycling spikes we need old ones, that are in fairly good condition. So, if your spikes no longer fit please leave them in the box on the table in the club house marked 'SPIKES'! Thanks.
- For all upcoming events keep an eye on the panel on the left of this page as we will post all events due over the next few weeks. For a longer look ahead please check out the fixtures page of the website. All upcoming events will also be published on our facebook page, so 'like' the page and be kept up, to date with all the club news
- Check us out on Facebook