27-09-2015 - Star of the Sea Annual Cross Country, Stamullen Co Meath
13-09-2015 - Crookstown Open Cross Country 2pm at Crookstown
10-06-2015 - 4th round of league in Celbridge at 7pm
06-06-15 - Leinster U9, U10 & U11 Pairs Competition& U12-U13 Junior T & F Championship Tullamore HarriersStart-time: 9:00am
01-06-15 - Leinster Team Event U9 - U15 Tullamore Harriers, Start-time: 10:00am
23-05-15 - Leinster Inter-Club Relays (U9 – U16) & Junior Championships Greystones Saturday 23rd May Start-time: 10:00am
09-05-15 - 3rd round of league in Celbridge at 2pm
• 14-02-15 – Day 1 Leinster Indoor Championships - Juvenile Relays
& some Juvenile T&F Events.
• 15-02-15 – Day 2 Leinster Indoor Championships - Junior, Senior
• 07-03-15 – Day 3 Leinster Indoor Championships - Juveniles.
• 08-03-15 – Day 4 Leinster Indoor Championships - Juveniles.
Crookstown Millview Athletics Club
Hey All, Cross country training tomorrow night, September 4th, in Mulaghreelan Woods at 6:30. All welcome.
Important Notice: While we welcome and encourage all parents/guardians to walk/run around the outside of the track please note that club athletes have the right of way. With this in mind if you are using the outside course please stick to the outer right side of the path. This path has been recently widened to accommodate everybody. Thanks for your continued support.
Hi all, Training will resume on Monday the 7th September at 7:00 pm at the track for all athletes. Little athletes will train with Neil and Fiona in the centre of the track. Under 13 and up interested in the following disciplines, sprinting, hurdles long jump high jump, will train with Nick and Ellaine at the tartan track. Cross country training will continue with Rachel and Deirdre as normal. Due to the large number of athletes please try and be at the track 10 minutes early in order to sign in and be ready to start training at 7:00. Thanks
Hi all, cross country training is at the Curragh tomorrow, Sunday 30th August, at 11:00 for u11's and up. We will be meeting across from Saint Anne's School, approx 500m from the motorway roundabout. If you have any questions please contact Rachel. See you there
We are delighted to announce the first Crookstown Millview Open Cross Country event on Sunday, September 13th at 12 pm. Races will take place in the field at the back of the track behind the hills.
We would like to congratulate the following athletes who were presented special awards today in recognition of their outstanding achievements this year. Lisa Aspel - Overall Athlete of the Year, Hannah Breen - Female Athlete of the Year and Brendan Aspel - Male Athlete of the Year. Well done guys, your hard work has really paid off .
Another great Presentation Day at Crookstown and a well deserved thank you to all those who helped to set it up. Also, thanks to everyone who brought all the delicious food. We hope you all enjoyed the day and big congrats to all our athletes who received their well deserved awards. See you back at training tomorrow night!
Hey All, we're delighted to announce that Graham Deane is our new Throws Coach. Due to work commitments he may have some training sessions outside normal training times. Dates and times of his training will be posted regularly on Facebook and the web. Upcoming sessions are as follows, Wednesday August 19th at 12:00, Saturday August 22nd at 12:00 and Monday August 24th at 7:00
Hi all, cross country training for U11 and up in Mulaghreelan Woods tomorrow(Friday 14th) at 6:30pm. All welcome.
Don't forget to bring along a dish this Sunday so everyone can enjoy a bite to eat. Thanks to everyone who has already let us know what they are bringing.
Hi guys, only a few days left till the Presentation Day. Bouncy castles, face painting, soccer goal and yummy food all ready to go! Don't forget that this years league medals and lots of other awards will be presented on the day. Looking forward to seeing all of our athletes(old and new) and family members this Sunday.
Hi all, cross country training is at the Curragh tomorrow, Sunday 9th August, at 11:00 for u11's and up. We will be meeting across from Saint Anne's School, approx 500m from the motorway roundabout. If you have any questions please contact Rachel. See you there
Hi everyone the presentation day, August 16th, is
fast approaching and we are going to try something a little different in terms
of food. This year we are asking members
of the club to please contribute a dish, sweet or savoury, on the day. At the moment the contributions for the day on
the savoury side are a lasagne, veggie pizza, wraps and sandwiches. On the sweet side we have a plate of cookies
and brownies. We are asking anyone
attending if they could bring something for the day showing off their
cooking/baking skills to the rest of the club. Nothing fancy, all contributions
are welcome. We are trying to get a
balance between sweet and savoury so if you are willing to contribute please
let me know (ASAP) by club email (email@example.com)
or Facebook post and we will add it to the list. Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone
on the day. Jeff Hott
- Great to see such large numbers at cross country training last night. Looks like we have a great season ahead. Due to the large number attending can athletes please try to sign in by 6:50 to ensure warm-ups can start by 7. Looking forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow (Wednesday) night. (Anyone who couldn't make Monday is still welcome to participate)
- Congrats to Johnny Moore for a brilliant All-Ireland performance getting a silver medal in the M70 200m and bronze medal in the M70 100m. Great work Johnny an inspiration to all our athletes.
- U8's to JUNIORS. Cross Country information night and training is this Monday 27th July at 7 pm at the track. Anyone interested in competing in the upcoming cross country season (or just maintaining fitness for the winter) is encouraged to start training with us as soon as possible. Distances for young athletes start as low as 500m so it's not too scary! Hope to see you all on Monday :)
- Best of luck to our senior athlete Johnny Moore who will be representing Crookstown in the All-Irelands Track and Field tomorrow. Having picked up a couple of medals in the Leinsters things are looking good this year for Tommy
- We are delighted to announce the first Crookstown Millview Open Cross Country event on Sunday, September 13th at 12 pm. Races will take place in the field at the back of the track behind the hills. Cross country training and information night begins Monday 27th July at 7 pm. We would like to encourage as many athletes as possible to participate in cross country as it is a great way to maintain fitness over the winter. Don't forget to let everyone know about this great event.
- Our Annual Presentation and Fun Day is on the 16th of August at 2 pm at the track. It's a little earlier this year due to clashes with other events. There will be no walk or sponsor cards just the presentation and awards for athletes and fun, games and food for the whole family. Make sure and mark the day in your calendar and we're really looking forward to seeing you all there!
- Cross Country Training: Training is now finished for middle and long distance runners. There will be an information session and initial cross country training session on Monday 27th of July. All club athletes (age 7 and up) are encouraged to participate in cross country as it is a great way to maintain fitness over the winter months. Distances start as low as 500m for younger athletes. Lots more info to come and look forward to seeing you on the 27th at 7:00 PM at the track.
- Monday the 6th of July is the last night of training for everybody! Training will restart on Monday 7th of September (see next post for details of cross country training). Coaches and committee members hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing summer break after all the hard work at training. Also please keep an eye on FB for details of our Annual Presentation Evening.
- There will be no training tonight, 10/06/205, due to the Kildare League. Training will resume Monday, 15/06/15, as normal.
- Day 4 of the League at Celbridge on June 10th starting at 7 PM. We need all our athletes there on the day and to give a big performance. So coaches and parents lets give our athletes all the encouragement they need. And the biggest reminder for our athletes is to go out and have fun!!!
Ballon-Rathoe A.C. Open Sports 2015
26th Open Sports at James Morris Park, Ballon, Co. Carlow
on Bank Holiday Monday June 1st at 1.00pm sharp, under A.A.I. rules.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PARENTS OF COMPETING ATHLETES. Both Kildare and Leinster event organizers require each club to provide the names of three people who will officiate at various events throughout the track season. In order to ensure that it is not the same parents helping out at every event can you please volunteer your time on one of the days your child is competing this summer (You will receive a text requesting same closer to each event). No experience required and if you volunteer your time once hopefully we won't have to call on you again. Thanks for your time and support
Good luck to everybody competing in Day 1 of the Kildare County Championships this Sunday. If you haven't yet registered for the track events you can still show up on the day and compete.(Please note you must have already preregistered for field events to compete this Sunday)
(Long & High)
April 25th at Celbridge AC
to 13:00 Long Jump session lead by Eamon Fahey
to 15:30 High Jump session lead by Rosie Daniels
Sprints and Hurdles
27th. May at Le Cheile
Sprints and Hurdles session lead by Claire Brady
For those interested in the above workshops please contact Jeff Hott of Catherine Crowe
Don't let the weather stop you from coming to our Open Sports Day. The weather forecast says it's going to clear soon. There will be plenty of tea, coffee and hot chocolate to keep you warm.
Our shop will be up and running for the Open Sports Day on Sunday. There will be tea, coffee, hot chocolate, drinks, sandwiches and goodies available. You can leave all donations of cookies, buns etc into the cabin from 10:30 on-wards. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Just a reminder that the cost of registration for the Open Sports Day is only €3.00 per athlete for all eligible events. Also, a €3.00 fee will be collected at the gate for each vehicle. Hope to see everyone there this Sunday.
Find below an order of events for the Open Sports Day on Sunday the 12th of April.
Training on Monday at 12:00 at the track, All welcome. Also, we will be painting the cabins from around 11:30 on-wards on Monday. If anyone is available to help, even if you can spare a half hour, that would be great! We'll supply paint and brushes.
Our 28th Annual Open Sports Day is coming up on April 12th. Please see the below for a list of events. Order of events will follow soon. Look forward to seeing you all there!
A selection of the Club merchandise will be on sale at the Family Fun Night. We are selling off last years gear at discount prices before we change to a new supplier. Once it's gone, it's gone so don't miss out on these great deals!!
Presentation of 2014 league medals/winners will begin at 8pm sharp this Saturday 21st followed by Table Quiz, refreshments & raffle. Club hoodies, singlets etc on sale on night at discount prices. Looking forward to seeing you there for a great family night out!! (Please bring small spot prize for our raffle on night if possible. Tnx).
Good luck to all of our athletes competing in the league tomorrow. Have a great day and lots of fun trying out all the different events
First round of the Kildare League coming up on the 15th of March. Look forward to seeing you all there.
Our first committee meeting of the year was held Wednesday night, Feb 25th, at the club. We are delighted to announce that we will be starting to focus on fundraising initiatives in 2015 and over the next few years in order to continue to upgrade and improve our facilities at the club. We will keep you informed of any plans as they develop. With this in mind we look forward to your support and hope that you will help us in our endeavors to make Crookstown Millview AC an even better athletics club. Please let us know of any innovative and fun fundraising ideas you may have. Thanks, Jeff Hott Chairperson
- We are pleased to announce that a new chairperson has been elected. Congratulations to Jeff Hott who has taken on the chairperson role.
- Do you need Spikes?? Check out our box of recycled Spikes on the table in the club house and if you find a pair that fits they're yours! In order to keep recycling spikes we need old ones, that are in fairly good condition. So, if your spikes no longer fit please leave them in the box on the table in the club house marked 'SPIKES'! Thanks.
- For all upcoming events keep an eye on the panel on the left of this page as we will post all events due over the next few weeks. For a longer look ahead please check out the fixtures page of the website. All upcoming events will also be published on our facebook page, so 'like' the page and be kept up, to date with all the club news
- Check us out on Facebook